Health Truck Roundup set for Saturday | Events
Get free hearing and vision screenings at the first-ever Heath Truck Roundup. More than 25 mobile units from local hospitals and other local health-related organizations will converge upon Gloryland Baptist Church at 6745 Greenwell Springs Road on Saturday, July 20.
The idea is to bring health services directly to the community. In addition to the Health Truck Round Up, additional health-care providers will hold an indoor health fair inside the church.
The event kicks off with an early morning walk at 8 a.m., followed by the roundup at 9 a.m and the health fair inside the church.
The “Big Blue Bus,’ the Mobile Health Unit from Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital.
- BREADA's Red Stick Mobile Farmers Market
- BREC's Mobile Recreation Unit, also known as BREC on the GEAUX
- Mary Bird Perkins - OLOL Cancer Center's Mobile Education Unit
- OLOL Community Advocacy and Mobile Tele Health
- Lifeshare Blood Donation Van
- D.A.R.E Van
- Fire Department
- Betty's Hope Children's Bereavement Unit
- Woman's Hospital Tent
The event will also include a gospel fest, free food and giveaways and healthy cooking demonstrations.
For more information, visit www.HealthyBR.com/Gloryland-Health-Expo.aspx