YMCA family mourning loss of longtime employee | Events
Employees at the YMCA in Baton Rouge are mourning the loss of a longtime colleague and friend.
Tammie Taylor who worked at the front desk at the A.C. Lewis YMCA on Foster Drive for 27 years died Tuesday, June 11 after being involved in car accident two days earlier. She was 51.
Her colleagues say she was a wonderful person.
"She was here at 4:30 every morning to get the Y opened up and ready for everyone," says Membership Director Matt Falcon. "She greeted everyone by name when they came in and when they left. She was a great person and a woman of faith."
Visitation will be held on Saturday, June 15 from 10 a.m. to noon at the New Macedonia Church of God in Christ, 2580 72nd Avenue in Baton Rouge. The funeral will be held at noon.
Her colleagues say she had recently started working out diligently and lost 30 pounds, serving as an inspiration to others.
Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Salvation Army toy roundup set for Saturday
- LSU Police release name, picture of rape suspect
- Two Plaquemine business owners donate thousands of dollars to St. Vincent de Paul
- Deputies: Woman resisting arrest gets tazed, pepper sprayed, calls 911
- Man found hiding under bed after allegedly trying to drown his ex-wife