Senator will speak about healthcare at Press Club | Events
Sen. Ben Nevers, D-Bogalusa, will speak at the Baton Rouge Press Club on May 20 about the Louisiana Health Care Independence Program.
Nevers is a member of the Health and Welfare Committee.
The Press Club meets on Mondays at De La Ronde Hall, which is located at 320 Third St. in downtown Baton Rouge. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers.
The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions during the question-and-answer portion of the program. The Press Club will not meet on May 27 because of the Memorial Day holiday.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2-alarm fire destroys Timeout Lounge, spreads to nearby businesses
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition