Veterans Affairs Deputy Secretary will speak at Press Club | Events
David LaCerte, deputy secretary and executive counsel of the Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs, will speak at the Baton Rouge Press Club on May 6. He will discuss proposed legislation at the state and federal levels regarding veterans and the effects of a possible troop reduction at Fort Polk.
Press Club meets on Mondays at De La Ronde Hall, which is located at 320 Third St. in downtown Baton Rouge. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions during the question-and-answer portion of the program.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Salvation Army toy roundup set for Saturday
- LSU Police release name, picture of rape suspect
- Two Plaquemine business owners donate thousands of dollars to St. Vincent de Paul
- Deputies: Woman resisting arrest gets tazed, pepper sprayed, calls 911
- Man found hiding under bed after allegedly trying to drown his ex-wife