Ag Center Economist will speak at Press Club | Events
John Westra, an economist with the LSU AgCenter, will discuss the record-setting year for Louisiana agriculture at the Baton Rouge Press Club on April 29. The ag economy reached $11.4 billion in 2012, which is a 6.5 percent increase in 2011.
Press Club meets on Mondays at De La Ronde Hall, which is located at 320 Third St. in downtown Baton Rouge. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions during the question-and-answer portion of the program.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Shoppers line up outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving to get early deals