Hundreds say goodbye to longtime entrepreneur | Events
Hundreds of family and friends said goodbye to Carolyn Vavasseur White, a salon owner and hairstylist in Baton Rouge for more than 50 years.
The memorial service was held on Saturday, March 2 at St. Agnes Catholic Church, 715 East Boulevard, in Baton Rouge. White, 71, died Feb. 21 after a brief illness. She donated her body for medical research.
White owned eight salons in the Baton Rouge area during the course of her career. She was also active in the community.
She celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary by making it a fundraiser for the American Heart Foundation. She also served on the board of the Debose Foundation and Friends of St. Francis Xavier Catholic School.
In llieu of flowers, donations can be made to St. Francis Xavier Catholic School.
Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2-alarm fire destroys Timeout Lounge, spreads to nearby businesses
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition