Chef Folse meets Oprah | Events
Chef John Folse and Chef Amanda Johnson recently had a chance to meet the Queen of talk, Oprah Winfrey.
Folse was asked to go to Santa Barbara, California on Saturday, Feb. 23 to cook a special dinner for a former Louisiana Businessman William Nicholson. He was turning 70.
"Of course she was the highlight of the party," says Chef Folse of WAFB's Stirrin' It Up segment.
The party was attended by 14 close friends including Oprah and her longtime beau, Stedman Graham.
"I've met a lot of very special people, but I have never met anyone as charismatic as Oprah," Chef Folse tells 9News Neighborhoods. "She was friendly, open, and willing to come and spend time in the kitchen with us. She was talking about the food and what she likes. She gave us big hugs and big kisses. It was just like we've known her all of our lives. She was just so down to earth. It was surprising."
Johnson adds "I was starstruck."
She was probably not alone. Chef says Oprah talked about inviting him to cater a dinner at her home and she's also interested in doing a story on his culinary school.
Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shooting at apartment complex leaves 1 dead, another wounded
- Salvation Army toy roundup set for Saturday
- LSU Police release name, picture of rape suspect
- Two Plaquemine business owners donate thousands of dollars to St. Vincent de Paul
- Deputies: Woman resisting arrest gets tazed, pepper sprayed, calls 911