"Go Red for Women's" luncheon Friday | Events
The American Heart Association's "Go Red for Women's" luncheon will be held Friday, Feb. 22 at the Baton Rouge River Center from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. There will be free health screenings, educational activities, and a silent auction.
The Go Red For Women Movement works to educate the fact that more women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined. Unfortunately, heart disease is often silent, hidden and misunderstood. On Friday, Feb. 1 the Heart Association celebrated the annual National Wear Red Day.
The luncheon is part of the Go Red For Women movement that encourages local women to take charge of their heart health by making it a top priority so they can live stronger, longer lives.
The ticketed heart-healthy luncheon program begins with the stories of local women affected personally by heart disease.
Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition
- Shoppers line up outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving to get early deals