Komen awards $545,00 grants to area programs | Business
Thanks to donations from the 15th Anniversary Race for the Cure®, Bowl for the Cure® and from individual and business donors across the area, the Baton Rouge Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will announce its largest grant slate in the Affiliate’s history. More than $545,000 is slated to award to 11 area health organizations.
The grants will fund breast cancer education, screening, mammography and treatment in the 10-parish Greater Baton Rouge area which encompasses Ascension, East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston Parish, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena and Tangipahoa.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2-alarm fire destroys Timeout Lounge, spreads to nearby businesses
- Resale store buys and sells children's clothes
- Commission passes measure to allow zoning change for Bar Louie
- Rezoning issue leads to talk of alcohol sales at movies
- Prank causes man to fall off I-10 overpass, listed in critical condition