Former Gospel Broadcaster will be honored tonight | Arts & Culture
WXOK-AM is hosting a big music festival in honor of the late Eula Mae Hatter. The Eula Mae Hatter Gospel Quartet Festival will be held Friday, April 8 at 7 p.m. at the Belmont Great Hall.
Citadel Broadcasting, the parent company of WXOK, says the lineup is stellar. Lee williams and the Spiritual QC’s, Keith “Wonderboy” Johnson, Perfection, Gifted, and the Fantastic Vocalaires are all featured performers.
The event will be hosted by Rev. Perry Wright of the Light house Seniors and Rev. Charlie Fisher of the Fisher Cavaliers. Eula Mae Hatter hosted a gospel hour on WXOK AM for more than 46 years. She was also a faithful member and pianist at the New Prospect Missionary Baptist Church.
Upcoming Events near Downtown - Mid City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Shooting victim identified at apartment complex, another wounded
- Salvation Army toy roundup set for Saturday
- LSU Police release name, picture of rape suspect
- Two Plaquemine business owners donate thousands of dollars to St. Vincent de Paul
- Deputies: Woman resisting arrest gets tazed, pepper sprayed, calls 911